This Toolkit aims to capture such best practice and provide researchers with a framework on how to improve the participation of Black and Asian Minority Ethnic Groups in research. The Toolkit was developed by researchers with experience in this area, and involved a review of the existing literature as well as engagement and collaboration with members from both the research and Black and Asian Minority Ethnic Groups.
The toolkit covers:
- Section 1: Consideration of the communities which your research needs to involve.
- Section 2: Undertaking effective patient and public involvement (PPI) in research
- Section 3: Conducting effective recruitment in Black and Asian Minority Ethnic Communities
- Section 4: Ensuring cultural competency in the conduct of your research
- Section 5: Providing effective feedback to research participants
- Section 6: Recognising the importance of recruiting Black and Asian Minority Ethnic Communities in research: preparing a grant application
- Top Tips