This year’s round of the NIHR ARC East Midlands’ PhD / MD Student prize is now open for applications.
We will award three travel/research prizes to PhD/MD students studying in the East Midlands. PhD/MD students should be either directly funded by the ARC or their supervisor should have a link to the ARC, either as one of our study leads or as a member of the ARC East Midlands Faculty. Faculty application details, including the application process (free of charge) can be found here: www.arc-em.nihr.ac.uk/about/arc-faculty
Successful applicants will win up to £500 to cover the cost of attendance at a conference (a paper or poster must be being presented), for research data collection costs, to undertake specialist training not offered by their university, or dissemination activities.
Three prizes will be made for costs incurred (or due to be incurred) between 1st October 2022 – 31st March 2023. The event, training or costs must fall between these dates.
- The deadline for applications is 23.59pm on 25th November 2022
- If you would like to apply for one of these prizes, please complete the application form and return it, together with the supporting information requested, to ARC-EM-Training@nottingham.ac.uk by the stated deadline
- Successful applicants will be informed within 10 working days of the deadline
Please be aware that no forms will be marked before the deadline, and any submissions received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Applicants who have previously been awarded this funding (including the equivalent CLAHRC awards) are not eligible to apply again.
Please ensure this application form is fully completed, signed by all parties, and emailed to ARC-EM-Training@nottingham.ac.uk
Please check that your application includes all of the following, otherwise it will be rejected:
- Application form (fully completed and signed)
- Copies of quotations for ALL expenses (except subsistence)
- You have requested no more than £500 funding from ARC
- You have identified funding to make up the balance
- Your supervisor has confirmed that they are a member of ARC East Midlands Faculty
- You have not previously been awarded a CLAHRC or ARC PhD/MD Travel/Research Prize
Published on: 11 Oct 2022