ARC EM provides a wide range of opportunities for stakeholder engagement and participation across all of its structures, themes and projects.
Our Public Involvement (PI) Programme will enable intended end-users of research to shape its selection, design, delivery, dissemination and implementation.
We pro-actively involve patients as co-producers of research and implementation to ensure that:
- studies are relevant to the people who use services
- outcome measures are easily understood by patients
- how people are recruited to studies is effective, particularly in under-represented communities
- research findings are understandable by patients and distributed widely
- research evidence is used to improve peoples’ lives as quickly as possible.
ARC EM also engages with the wider public across the region. This takes many forms including the production of leaflets and posters targeted at a general audience, organising open information-sharing events and the use of social, print and broadcast media to promote ARC EM activities and achievements.
Donna Richardson, email@example.com